Palmisano Psychological Services aims to promote better outcomes in mental health, psychological well-being and quality of life experiences of primary carers, family members and/or the individual with an enduring Mental Health Issue, an Injury, Disability and/or Medical Condition.
We provide clinical assessment and interventions that are timely, efficacious and accessible to a population with complex needs and often experience financial barriers to obtaining specialised mental health support. Our aim is to deliver a comprehensive service that cultivates emotional, psychological, behavioural, social, occupational and physical wellbeing.
Primary Carers (Parent, Spouse, Partner, Sibling or Child), OR Family Member, OR Individual with:
- Recent Onset, Recurrent or Enduring Mental Health Issue
- Mental Health Issues related to a significant Injury or Disability
- Mental Health Issues related to an enduring or chronic Medical Condition.
Clinical Mental Health Issues:
- Depression - dysthymia, major, recurrent, PND, Bipolar
- Anxiety Disorders - Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Panic Attacks/Disorder, Specific Phobias, Agoraphobia, Acute Stress Disorder, PTSD
- Adjustment Disorder
- Bereavement Disorder
- Suicide and Self Harm
- Personality Vulnerabilities
- Schizophrenia and Psychotic Disorders
Child Behaviour & Parenting Difficulties:
- Mood & Anxiety Management difficulties
- Behavioural Problems
- Self Esteem Issues
- Social Interaction Difficulties
- Parenting Skills Training
Management of Injury, Disability or Medical Condition:
Post Diagnosis psychological adjustment and management of an Injury, Disability or Medical Conditions such as:
- Neurological - MS, MND, Parkinsons Disease, ABI, Epilepsy, Stroke
- Medical - Fibromyalgia, Endometriosis
- Physical - Pain Management- TMJ, Pain Management, Carpal Tunnel, Back Injury.
Bereavement/Life Transition & Adjustment:
- Loss and Grief, Adjustment to Disability Counselling, Adjustment to significant change.
Interpersonal/ Relationship Enhancement:
- Individual and Couple - Interpersonal conflict, Communication difficulties, Intimacy difficulties.